VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

is air blowing from the engine normal when oil cap is removed at idle? I have 168000 miles on mine, it is not burning any oil, power and idle are perfect. Air is completely clean no vapors or smoke. So if some of you can check that out on your engines and let me know what you see. Is there the crankcase venting system on this vehicles and where is it located?

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Yes, totally normal, that's the crankcase pressure from blowby that goes through the crankcase vent and into the intake, nothing to worry about.:)

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
It's also the exhaust from the tandem pump. That pump supplies high pressure fuel to the injectors and runs the vacuum pump. Since there's vac on one side of the pump, that air pressure has to go somewhere and that somewhere is into the crankcase and out with the rest of the CCV.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Yes there's a crank case venting system. It's the hose at the top of the valve cover and goes back to the air intake.

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all! I was worrying that something is blocked and not allowing blow-by gases to escape.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts