VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 TDI Jetta that blinkers stopped working. Where is the relay? Any help would be apperciated. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
A few possibilities:

dirt and dust in the turn lever stalk - if the problem happens when the lever is at rest, this is a strong possibility, you can try cleaning it with some wd-40 to rinse any built up dirt and contaminated greaseo out of the base of the lever

a burned out turn signal bulb

There was a recall on the hazard light switch on some years, this would be a bad relay/hazard switch, call VW customer service and they can check for you to see if it was done. The reason why is because it functions as the turn signal relay. Don't forget the brake light switch recall, if the little switch under the brake pedal is not green, you don't have the latest one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help. Now how do I get the thing out without breaking something and the wife pointing and telling me I should have gone to the dealer?

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
You could but since it's a recall item it should be done for free. The part is only about $20 or so anyways.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, the dealer replaced it in 05 so I am on my own this time. So that still leaves me needing to get the thing out withut damage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts