·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
many, many times...I followed all those awesome tricks in the links pages multiple times with no luck opening the controllers via RossTech.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Try contacting ross tech directly or I can move this post to the Ross tech section to get their attention.

It's a well known issue that on the mk6 Golf, you have to unlock all the doors to connect to the CECM. Perhaps the JSW has the same issue? It should work fine.

The problem is that you can't even open the controller? Can you open other controllers? Do you see a green LED on the cable when it's connected?

·
Premium Member
9,653 Posts
So which part doesn't work auto-blinker count or comfort windows?.

I changed my tap flashes a couple of months ago. I haven't bothered with the comfort windows but those can be changed in the MFD without VCDS. To get the windows to close while locking you just keep the lock button pressed for a few seconds and that should roll the windows up and close the sun roof (it fitted).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the help here everyone. If you wouldn't mind moving this to the RossTech section that would be greatly appreciated :)

The green light is on plus none of the controllers will open...

With all the VW's/Audi's over the years I never once had any issues with the RossTech (vagcom) system. It's probably something really simple...Murphy's Law :)

Brian

·
Premium Member
9,653 Posts
Well perhaps you can change the country to Europe with VCDS then you may have them?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
leave your door open.
Tried this last night with every door/hatchback open combination but still the contollers will still not open.

I'll drop a note over to RossTech today as possibly the latest possible upgrade from them might have some issues...although I did try it on my old GTI in which it works perfectly. Odd?

Brian

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I just got my answered e-mail reply from RossTech which I'll post here:

"According to our records, you have a KII-USB, which only works with the older cars, not with the latest cars that use CAN-Bus diagnostics as explained here:

http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/canbus.html

I'd recommend trading your KII-USB toward a HEX-USB+CAN for $159 plus shipping using this page:

http://store.ross-tech.com/shop/cat/RetHEX.html

The HEX-USB+CAN works with the same older vehicles as the KII-USB so you'd be covered from 1996 through 2011."

I want to thank everyone here in the forum for your assistance. I hope by me posting this information within the forums here will help someone not have to evaluate the situation I'm presently experiencing.

I'll eventually upgrade to the HEX-USB+CAN cable but need to start saving up those dollars...

Brian

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally got the updated Ross-Tech cable over the weekend HEX-USB+CAN and just adjusted to 5 courtesy binker mod just like our old Audi's had...once the triple digit temps leave our region I will tweak the JSW some more...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I tried this mod over the weekend, with no avail. I was able to change some other things, but not the courtesy blinker count. I was able to access the page and all appeared to be working correctly (saved the number to 5 vice standard 3), but the car ignores the new settings. One thing I noticed is that there are multiple places where certain settings can be changed and I think that's what I'm missing. Reading elsewhere, some setting areas are ignored but still in the software for backward compatibility reasons. This makes sense. I notice multiple electronics tabs on the initial VCDS window. I'll post here if I figure out the correct one to use. And no, door unlock MFI reset to factory did not help either.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
I tried this mod over the weekend, with no avail. I was able to change some other things, but not the courtesy blinker count. I was able to access the page and all appeared to be working correctly (saved the number to 5 vice standard 3), but the car ignores the new settings. One thing I noticed is that there are multiple places where certain settings can be changed and I think that's what I'm missing. Reading elsewhere, some setting areas are ignored but still in the software for backward compatibility reasons. This makes sense. I notice multiple electronics tabs on the initial VCDS window. I'll post here if I figure out the correct one to use. And no, door unlock MFI reset to factory did not help either.
Read this article and the golf specific notes, should fix your prob.

-NOTE: If you have a 2011+ Golf (maybe also Jetta or other 2011), this may not work as-is. In the MFI/MFD (instrument cluster menu), go to Settings-->Lights and vision--> Factory setting. At the prompt "Set to factory settings for lights & vision?", select OK. For some reason, it resets something and lets the adaptation work. (thanks to phatz314 for the tip!) This step has also been needed on 2012 models and probably newer.

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a6/change-number-blinks-turn-signal-vw.htm

·
Registered
15 Posts
I did read that article and the golf-specific notes. I tried unlocking the doors and I tried resetting the MFI/MFD to "factory" for lights & vision. It still didn't work. I'll give it another try tonight. Maybe I missed a "save" or something, but I tried several times.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the exact same issue for my Dec 2011 build Golf 2.0 TDI DSG (Australia). Only had VCDS Can-Hex for a couple of days but here are some things I can't do with VCDS:
a) Instrument staging
b) One press lock door & close windows
c) Enable horn with unlocking
d) Come home automatic on without hi-beam flash

I did manage to set the following though
a) Rain sensing rear wiper
b) Teardrop for rear wiper after wash
c) Set the phone numbers for the roof console buttons. The "i" button calls me ( its technically my wife's car) and the spanner button calls VW Road Assistance in Australia

Maybe others can provide ways around these VCDS / Controller issues / limitations or know of newer tweaks.

VCDS is ver 11.11.2
Top forum BTW.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
a. This is dependent on your instrument cluster part number.
b. You may have to reset them if battery is unplugged, not dependant on VCDS. Raise window all the way, use button again to raise. Lower window all the way, press again. The window now knows how far it can go. 1 touch windows should now work.
c. This should also be an option in the MFD convenience menu, if not, it's in the CECM long coding.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks Chitty,

a) Yes - I don't have a H cluster :(
b) Sorry, I meant the option in the module to allow for a single press of the remote lock button to lock the doors and simultaneously raise the windows is not there. I have to hold down the lock button for like 3 seconds on my remote to raise the windows. Can't find any posts where users experience this problem setting it VCDS. From memory the option is supposed to be in CECM long coding Byte 6, my Byte 6 is very different to the screen shots I have seen.
c) I turn on the feature in the control module to beep the horn on unlock but it has no effect. It is not an option in the MFD. I suspect this is a feature dependent on the factory Alarm system being fitted. Mine only has the immobilizer :(

The other thing that doesn't work is the option to increase the comfort turn blinks from 3 to 4 or 5. The option is there in the control module but has no effect when you change the value?

I have read a post recently that suggests that if you make the change in VCDS and the use the MFD to change the Lights setting to Factory settings it then it works? I'll post back if this procedure actually works.

Do you or anybody know what the "star" button does in the roof console. I have programmed the other 2 buttons to dial numbers I have assigned but would like to assign this button to do something useful if possible. I suspect it has something to do with activating something on a higher level radio system than I have which is RDS310 (stock radio in Australia)

Thanks heaps for your info.
Brett.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Do you or anybody know what the "star" button does in the roof console. I have programmed the other 2 buttons to dial numbers I have assigned but would like to assign this button to do something useful if possible. I suspect it has something to do with activating something on a higher level radio system than I have which is RDS310 (stock radio in Australia)

Thanks heaps for your info.
Brett.
It opens the sunroof but only at night so you can see the stars :D Sorry, no clue.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts