VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed a blank radio screen. This morning when I started up (2011 Golf TDI w/ DSG, no navigation) the radio screen was blank, except the backlighting was on. I attempted to turn it off and back on, but the power button didn't seem to do anything. I tried to switch between SAT, AM/FM and Media with the buttons, nothing. I then switched off the car, and tried to turn on the radio with the power button - nothing. I started the car, and made further attempts - nothing but back lighting. After about 30 - 35 minutes, I stopped for coffee. When I started the car everything was operating normally again. Thanks, John

·
Registered
88 Posts
Has anyone else noticed a blank radio screen. This morning when I started up (2011 Golf TDI w/ DSG, no navigation) the radio screen was blank, except the backlighting was on. I attempted to turn it off and back on, but the power button didn't seem to do anything. I tried to switch between SAT, AM/FM and Media with the buttons, nothing. I then switched off the car, and tried to turn on the radio with the power button - nothing. I started the car, and made further attempts - nothing but back lighting. After about 30 - 35 minutes, I stopped for coffee. When I started the car everything was operating normally again. Thanks, John
Sounds like waiting 30-35 minutes must have initiated a radio reboot which resolved the issue, but I'm not 100% sure.

I'm also not 100% sure what the key combination would be to initiate the reboot yourself.

I guess I'm really not much more help. Sorry.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
key combo to reboot 510

Thanks for they reply. A key combination to reboot would be a great thing to have, especially if this doesn't occur often until I come up on the 5k service when I'll have the dealer look into this. Thanks, John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts