VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found a black TDI in stock.....anyone have any opinions on this color...

I was told 3 things:

-More accidents

-Dirtier and harder to keep clean

-Hot during summer months

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Having had a black car, temp isn't really that different. Tinted windows and using a winshield sunscreen also make a big difference. More accidents? Never heard this before, I don't think it makes any difference. I have heard that statistically, red cars don't get pulled over any more than other colors.

It is harder to keep clean though. The same goes with white. Grey, silver, or gold are the easiest colors because they don't show as much contrast with dust/dirt.

If it's exactly how you want it I wouldn't be scared of black. Black paint does have very deep reflectivity once it's polished and clean.

·
Registered
142 Posts
FYI, this guy has a black 2 door DSG Golf TDI in stock, wants MSRP but if you put down cash you might be able to get $200-600 off.

Model Year: 2010
Model: 5K149M GOLF 4-DR 2.0L TDI AUTO
Exterior Color: A1A1 BLACK
Interior Color: KA TITAN BLACK
Options: 3FE POWER SUNROOF
9VE PREMIUM SOUND SYSTEM
9W2 BLUETOOTH LOW
GKM GOLF MAT KIT (PORT INSTALLED)
P83 XENON HEADLAMP PACKAGE
W79 COLD WEATHER PACKAGE

Estimated Total MSRP $27,255
Somerville, NJ - - 908-685-1033 work or 908-246-0804 cell PAUL SEMHON - - VW Master Certified

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
My wife and I purchased two 09 Jetta tdi's. Probably the only thing I may eventually regret is they are both Black. It does show every little spec of dirt and water spots. They do look nice though all waxed and detailed. Its only a decission you can make,because you have to live with it.

Dweisel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts