VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the recent cold snap I have been experiencing intermittent problems with my b5.5 passat. It starts well with block heater plugged in but after a period of time sometimes 1 block after leaving or sometimes 10 miles from home when I lift off the throttle, rpm drops to somewhere around 500 like it will stall then grab and surge to 1200 and so on. Sometimes if you hit the throttle it will accelerate again, sometimes is will not respond at all. It does smell like fuel. Today after 40 min without issue when I let off for a red light, it started acting up and went on for 10 mins. I was about to pull off and get it towed when it suddenly perked up and worked fine for the next 15 min to my destination.
I changed the fuel filter, used anti gel additive, has 370000kms timing belt due in 10kms, removed the balance shaft assembly 20kms ago, new motor mounts at that time, cleaned egr, Gets low 40's mpg. No CEL, no codes.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?

·
Super Moderator
9,082 Posts
No CEL, no codes
Scanned with what?

That isn't an easy question to answer on a forum.

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

This is a new forum layout with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location or signature properly either

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a pole which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I unplugged my egr valve and I haven't had the issue since. I have had difficulty searching. Thanks for heads up.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts