VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, looking for advice. Getting codes on 1 & 4 glow plugs. Switched them around … same codes. Assuming a harness change? 3 plugs are 5v and 1 is 7v (see pic) I don’t know what flash version I have and have no immediate access to find out. Any guru’s out there that can make an educated guess on which glow plugs to buy, from looking at the pic? Too many flashes / changes / part numbers for my little pea brain to handle. Thanks.
Eye Product Font Office supplies Wood

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, udraft.
I was planning on getting 4 Bosch with the same part number and seeing what happens but those ones seem to have been superseded. Ceramic vs metal. Just trying to eliminate some obvious (to those who know better) ordering mistakes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you are going to change them then I would go OEM. It's not a very regularly changed part so that will take the guess work out of the equation. Just my $0.02

If you do have to change the harness then keep us posted with an update with pictures if possible.

There is a member on the forum that spliced the offending glow plug/wire with the wire next to it to get rid of the code. Personally, have not tried that.
Thanks DeenPD, will do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts