VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

Better fuel mileage and power

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  fwthompson 
#1 ·
Good Afternoon Gentlemen

I have a 2006 VW Jetta TDI 1.9 BRM with the DSG automatic trans. I am up to date with preventative maintenance on the vehicle even with 259k on the original engine and trans. My question for you gentlemen, is this model capable of advancement for better fuel mileage such as 60-70mpg with added powers? Is there a recommendation for a certain tune I could possibly use or changing out certain mechanical components, I am definitely interested in your opinions. Thank you very much again.

GySgt Filipi
United States Marine Corps

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the forum.

Its nice to see you made an intro on your own. ;)

This is a new forum layout which is owned by a company last year that doesn't give a dam with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location.

Add your car specs to your signature that will show on every post you make.

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a poll which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

Reactions: Skanderbeg35
#5 ·
Welcome to the forum.

Its nice to see you made an intro on your own. ;)

This is a new forum layout which is owned by a company last year that doesn't give a dam with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location.

Add your car specs to your signature that will show on every post you make.

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a poll which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.
thank you for the response sir, i will adjust fire on my info, thanks again

#6 ·
I’ll definitely look into those items sir, I was reading this forum about putting a propane secondary system, it sounds dangerous but wanted to see if this was legit system. I also looked into the bio diesel system the offer for this car, I know though that it has some issues due to the vegetable oil base and cleanliness of the boiling down the product before usage as a fuel. I just wanted to see what you gentlemen though about either one of those systems. I’ve already been looking in Kerma Diesel for those parts you mentioned sir, thank you.

#7 ·
Some heavily modded diesels use propane injection as a supplement boost in power, similar to a NOS effect on a Gas motor. I would make sure your motor has head studs before you try that. Or they run full conversion on propane or LNG with good results. Vegi oil on these cars seem to be problematic over the long run clogging piston rings and such, maybe if u ran 50/50 diesel and vegi oil it would be ok. Lots of work refining the oil in your garage, seems like too much work, until fuel prices get higher. Happy modding....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.