VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about shopping for some cheap 15" rims, what is the best tire size for economy that is 15"? Yes I know economy may go down but I want to improve the look of the car.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about 205/55? It should increase the gearing just enough to fix the speedometer error over the 195/60 14"

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
I'll bet that a steel wheel is as light as any alloy wheel, I know that you can take a 15" steel wheel from the corrado.

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
I'll bet that a steel wheel is as light as any alloy wheel, I know that you can take a 15" steel wheel from the corrado.
Not really, some alloy wheels are heavy but a good alloy wheel will be lighter than a steel wheel. It's also stronger and can give better clearance for brakes, etc.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Just get some cheap steelies, they work great and if you want silver color, the corrado ones come in silver, most people won't even know they're steelies.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Pls confirm- anyone running 15" Corrado on B4V now?

Yes,the corrado 15" wheel in 4x100 bolt pattern will work. Plus, the OP said looks was a factor, steel wheels don't have that bling factor.
Sorry for bringing up an old thread- but just in case anyone else is looking for more options- now that its getting harder to find 14" tires-

I'm looking to change to 15" wheels, while retaining the 4x100 pattern.

I understand the hub diameter has to match the B4V hub = 57.1 mm for the wheel to center properly.

When I go to the Original VW wheel site, I dont see that spec for the 15" Corrado wheels in any of the years listed.

The Unique 83 steelies you can get online or at Discount Tire have a much larger hub bore- and some recommend inserts- others recommend against- but in a thread at TDIClub, Chris says alloys are made generally to "direct fit" - which I presume means they match the hub spec.

Anyone have a set of wheels that are working good, or perhaps wants to sell in 15" 4x100 ?

KS

1 - 10 of 10 Posts