VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking at this site for some time and now feel it's time to be active. Just ordered '12 Passat SEL TDI from Kings VW in Loveland, OH. Got $500 off MSRP which seems about normal when checking other sites.

Test drove Sonata and Optima and the extra money's worth it. For all the "balleyhoo" about "Americanization" of the Passat, I can say it handles and drives much better than these two and better than my 2005 MB C-320 4-Matic that it's replacing. Some tire noise, can't they use something else besides Hankooks" in the demo, but perhaps that's because the rest of the car is so quiet.

Expect delivery about September 7. This site was very influential in leading me to VW and the TDI. Thanks to all.:bowdown

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Very cool, I am really glad to see the Passat TDI is selling so well, it looks like a really nice car. Yes the car has been made cheaper and I wish they at least made HID headlights and LED taillights optional. This is no longer a premium European feature and there are plenty of people who would pay for them. I do like that they got rid of the electric parking brake though, the manual lever takes up valuable center console room but it's simpler and decreases unsprung weight on the rear hub = better control of the wheel.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts