VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i'm new in the forum i have a 2001 jetta tdi .i have problems when i start on my car and i don't know if is the battery or glows.please somebody help me.

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Hi, welcometomyturbodies.

What's the problem? Does the car turn over slow, not turn over, turn over fine but just not fire, start then conk out straight away?

You'll need to give more info I think for people to help.:)

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Location: FL. Probably not the glow plugs. They are not on before engine start when it's warm anyways. One way to eliminate them is to unplug the coolant temperature sensor. This tricks the ECU into maximum glow plug duration.

It could be an air or fuel problem. You have to give more details like any error codes or other symptoms.

·
Registered
482 Posts
If it's the battery the engine will turn over slowly. If you take the car to Autozone or the like they'll test the battery and alternator for free.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the car have a hard start like a sheep need move the key about 5 times when the car is cold thanks

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Lol I've never tried to start a sheep so I've no idea what you're saying. Sorry. But maybe someone else will.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i can't star on my car in the first time i need to do 3 or 4 times i'm sorry don't speak very well english .so sorry for my wrong words

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
No problem, I was just making a joke.:) Have you had a look through the faq at the top of the page? There's various things in there.
Also do you think the engine turns over ok or do you think it turns over to slow and does it start fine when the engine is warm?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
when the car is cold,i try to start it up,but it wont crank,i have to try cuple of times to get it to crank.i think is a the hose the fuel filter to fuel pump.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
check the terminals for corrosion?
When my battery terminals are corroded in my beetle, i'll turn the key and the dash will flash and relays sound like they're clicking all over the place. After cleaning the terminals, the car fires right up. my battery box is broken so the terminals see a lot of moisture and a lot of corrosion. ie white yellow build up on the battery posts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts