VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there

After buying my 99.5 golf tdi a few months ago, it has become quite apparent that my Golf is underpowered. After reading through all the how to information on this site regarding power loss, it seemed obvious that my maf sensor is bad. After unplugging it, the car ran noticeably better but still not what it should be. I put a new maf on and now I have two errors showing as well as no improvement whatsoever. P1144 and P 1550, the first fault indicates either a open or short to ground to the maf. Do I need a new harness? If so how do I change it? The other problem is charge pressure deviation which I will put more attention towards once I can figure out this Maf problem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
That is possible that there is a short in the wiring. Use a multimeter to test the MAF pins vs. at the ECU. You'll need a wiring diagram for this. And it could more likely be a bad ground somewhere. However, first I would clear the codes and see if they come back just to make sure it wasn't a millisecond blip.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I deleted them afterward and although it hasn't come back, there is no power. Do you know where I could get the schematics?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts