VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I had my Q7 in for service last Sat for a CEL that popped on driving home after dinner on last Friday. I had no loss of power or felt/heard anything abnormal. I took it in and they found nothing wrong, reset the light, updated some pressure senor software and sent me on my way.

Well, on Monday afternoon, the wife was driving home and it popped on again at about 80 or so miles after then first dealer visit and then after a quick stop at the store she got the AdBlue 1500miles message. Well I have it at the dealer again today for them to take yet another look. I did find a thread on another site about a TSB for my MY Q7 that the CFL would come on with no apparent fault found. I told them about this and hope that this is what it is and for the to top off the AdBlue.

I'll report back my finding.

BTW, Anyone else with this issue!?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So... they said the fault was for a faulty NOx sensor, but upon further testing, it was determined the module that controls the NOx sensor was bad. So they replaced the module under warranty ($400) and topped off the AdBlue for free. My dealer is awesome!:nana2:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Be glad of that. None of the four dealers in the Atlanta area would warrant that word.
Not even good ole Jim Ellis!?!? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Not even good ole Jim Ellis!?!? Lol

Haven't used them. I tried to a while back and emailed the Service Mgr a technical question. Got a response back from a SA who didn't know "stuff" from shinola; so I did not pursue it any further.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haven't used them. I tried to a while back and emailed the Service Mgr a technical question. Got a response back from a SA who didn't know "stuff" from shinola; so I did not pursue it any further.
Lol...

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
My experience with Jim Ellis was less than exciting. I still have a 2005 Passat 4 motion that was covered under a fuel tank recall. They wanted to charge me to drop the tank to do the "inspection". If it was bad, they'd fix, but if it wasn't, they wanted to charge me for the service hours to drop the tank and rear. I do engineering work and happened to own a really fantastic color borescope, so I showed up with the borescope and told the service manager how about they put it on the lift, we'd look at it with the borescope, if it was broken they could fix it, I'D only charge them for my time to do their job, if it wasn't broken, then we were good. They were not impressed, but upon observation the gas tank was indeed cracked at filler neck and they had to replace.. about 2k worth of work.. after that i vowed I'd never use them again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts