VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm hearing an occasional clicking/popping sound from (sounds like) the front drivers side wheel well. I've popped off the wheel and nothing looks terribly amiss.

I've been unable to pinpoint suspension conditions that cause it. It does not reliable make the noise when...:
  • Accelerating hard
  • Braking hard
  • Hitting potholes
  • Hitting speed bumps
  • Turning hard
Of the suspension parts, the CV boots are not leaking and are not cracked, and the only issue I could spot was a crack in one of the rubber (I think sway bar) link/boot (I have included a picture). The steering is somewhat creaky on hard turns when the vehicle is cold, which goes away after driving a bit.

The sound comes on more often while in city/neighborhood traffic, and very little while on the highway.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,965 Posts
Its not your First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

I don't see any in your 22 posts only posts in Can't View FAQ Pages.

This is a new forum layout with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location or signature properly either

We Are Live - Community Feedback

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its not your First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!
Are you saying I have to post elsewhere, before using my paid account? I particular care about the forum section of this site - I paid for access to the wiki. What are you talking about '...else you could get a free fix...'? I paid for the wiki, I want the wiki.

Is the link to the rules, to suggest I'm spamming? I'm a paying customer, I expect the content I paid for.

I don't see any in your 22 posts only posts in Can't View FAQ Pages.
That is incorrect - all, or nearly all my posts are in this very thread. I'm not sure if your English is bad or what...

This is a new forum layout with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location or signature properly either
Yes, we know. That is what I've been posting about this whole time. Is this suppose to be news?

I am only seeing more and more evidence of the moderation of this site is horrible.

please...
1. Publish the wiki as its own site
2. Roll back that section of the site
3. Allow paid members to download whatever you have remaining of the wiki
4. Give refunds (since you have no ETA for the content being back) (I honestly expect it will never be back at this point)

I would love to talk to someone on the phone about this - it seems like nobody is listening to what I'm actually writing.

Here it is; nice and simple.

I want what I paid for.

·
Super Moderator
8,965 Posts
I'm saying you have made 26 posts and none of them are your intro, so work it out. Being a premium member makes no difference.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
From your description, it sounds like the strut spring seats. Try spraying some WD40 or such on the rubber strut mounts/seat and see if it decreases the noise short term. Its not great for the seat but once or twice won't hurt anything. If it is the spring seat, I would say ignore it, too much work for an infrequent noise. If not the seat, I would start working my way (in a controlled manner so you know which ones have been sprayed) through the bushings until you find the offender.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts