VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My axle broke (driver's side front). Problem is that the bolts to the transmission seem to be triple square M7s and the torque numbers I have are for M8s and M10s.

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
There are 5 different possible axles for that year. Not knowing what trans or model you have makes it impossible to know which axles you have but I know with 100% confidence that none of them use an M7 bolt. In fact there is no M7 bolt anywhere on a Mk4 TDI

·
Premium Member
9,720 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Its nice to see you made an intro on your own. ;)

This is a new forum layout which is owned by a company last year that doesn't give a dam with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location.

Add your car specs to your signature that will show on every post you make.

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a poll which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are 5 different possible axles for that year. Not knowing what trans or model you have makes it impossible to know which axles you have but I know with 100% confidence that none of them use an M7 bolt. In fact there is no M7 bolt anywhere on a Mk4 TDI
Yet M6 and M8 do not fit. One is too small and one is too large. I have no idea what is happening here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I apologize. Part of my problem seems to be that the bolt I tested is stripped. A better bolt on the ring is an M8. I have some real problems here obviously in that I need more than mere replacement bolts. I need to get these out which is not going to be easy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts