VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I have a 2015 VW Golf TDI SE. I bought it used about a year ago. When idling, the average consumption wouldn't go down. Now it goes down. For example, just now, I drove until a number was displayed (22 mpg). When idling at a traffic light for a few minutes, it dropped to 19 mpg.

I'd like to say that overall, the mpg is lower in all driving situations, but I'm not totally sure.

Any thoughts? Or any resources I should look into?

Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Are you referring to the MFD display in the dash? If so, it kind of sounds like the reference got changed. Mine is set to “since refuel” and it only resets when I fill up. It sounds like maybe it got changed to “since start”

If so you can switch between reference points with the OK button on the right side of the steering wheel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I'm referring to the MFD. I thought it was the reference point as well.

I look at the consumption often. Driving the same route often, I would observe a consistent range of values. Then at some point, driving the same routes, that range seemed to drop 5-10 mpg, and I've never been able to get the numbers I did before.

Some things have happened that may be related:
  • One morning upon starting the car, there was a stronger-than-usual jolt when the engine turned over, and then the engine shut off. I was able to start the engine after that.
  • About 4 to 5 times since owning the car (purchased in December 2018), the MFD threw an error, telling me park the car and get service. I can't remember the specific error, regrettably.
  • I had the diesel mod performed by the dealer.
Thoughts?

·
Registered
1 Posts
You won't get the same mileage with winter blend diesel fuel . Check it again once spring/summer hits .

·
Super Moderator
9,468 Posts
As posted in your first post.

First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

This is a new forum layout with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location.

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a pole which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

I don't have Since refuel message in my MFD.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts