VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I'm thinking of buying the Autel VAG405 code reader. I know it's not in the same league as the VAG-COM but I can't afford a VAG-COM. It claims to be able to read codes, erase and reset codes. Able to reset engine management lights, airbag lights, reset sevice intervals etc. Has anybody got any experience with this machine? It sounds good value if it really does all this, but is it easy to use, etc
Thanks Steve C

·
Premium Member
9,676 Posts
This has been talked about before Steve if you do a search?

Autel vag405 scanner

You can get cheap leads that matches the VAG.COM on eBay but we can't talk about that on here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Keith,
Thanks for your suggestion to search, I hadn't thought of that. I'm still new to this forum thing.
Seatman seems to like his VAG405, I think I'm going to get one. I've found them at just £34.95 plus free delivery on ebay at the moment.
Thanks Steve C

·
Premium Member
9,676 Posts
Thats ok you'll get used to the different forums and what to post in where. I'm presume you posting this in Diesel Cars was a mistake as well it would have been better in General Discussion?

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
I've just been working on a friends ford focus and the vag405 read it fine, I sorted the problem then used the vag405 and cleared the fault code no problem. I don't think you can beat vcds but if you're just needing something portable and simple then the vag405 seems really good for the money and I haven't had a problem with it so far, I'm going to see if I can do a vauxhall vectra and a renault next.:)

·
Premium Member
9,676 Posts
Ok I see Chitty has moved this thread now. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts