VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few years ago while I was walking the many lanes of ultra cool VW/Audis at H2O, I came across a Golf/Jetta (can't remember which) that had Audi wheels on it from a TT. The owner wasn't around then, but now that I again own a VW, I'd be interested in exploring this avenue. Are they a dirrect fit? Are wheel spacers needed? I beleive the bolt pattern is 5 X 100 just like our vehicles. I'll have to take a peak in ETKA and see that comes up for me for off set numbers. Come on! I have to put something on this car that's "Audi" I am Audijim for gosh darn sake! LOL!!!

:)

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Yes, the first generation Audi TTs were 5x100, the 2nd gen were 5x112.
Most of the offsets are correct too.

I'm guessing that the wheel is in here

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q_how_to/wheels/16%2017%20audi_5x100.htm

Many parts off the TT are bolt on or bolt on with minimal modification. For example the TT struts, lower control arms w/adjustable camber, and hubs are bolt on with minimal mods. The stock brakes can't be swapped for larger ones unless you change out the spindle too.

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q_how_to/a4/audittspindle.htm

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
If you mean the bolt pattern, it wont fit because the wheel holes won't line up. Adapters aren't very good and they add thickness to the hub and push the wheel out.

If you mean the wheel, different wheels have different weights and styles?

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
IMO, top "looks" wheels for 5x112 is the rs4 wheel. Not sure the weight and I wouldn't put it on a TDI - too big/too heavy.

Best 5x100 wheels for looks is the BBS RX. still too heavy and too big for a TDI, IMO.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm basically looking for a 7 inch max width (keep it skinny and low rolling resistance) in a 16 or 17 inch. The info provided here is fantastic, thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts