VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pardon me if this has already been answered, but I searched through the forum and read the converting guide on how to switch the MKIV LCA, and spindle to the TT, but I just wanted to verify if the vehicle remains at factory height.

I had read elsewhere that switching from the TDI LCA and spindle to the TT LCA and spindle that the front end lowers 1.325". If this is true, is this also the case if I switch to the 1.8t/VR6 spindle? I know I will not be able to use the TT LCA, but I am looking for upgraded brakes without lowering the vehicle. I CANNOT lower this vehicle.

Thank you tons for any input.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
The TDI LCA and 2.0 LCA are the same. I am sure the 1.8t/vr6 spindle will not lower your car. Not sure about the Audi TT spindle but I don't think so.

I think it might be a matter of the spring perch on the different strut but this is just a guess.

You could always use camber plate with 1.8t spindle if you want adjustable camber and BB kit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't say with certainty that the spring perch is my limiting factor in this equation, mainly because the suspension in question is on a K1 Attack.

Here is a link to my build where you can see my current setup:

http://k1-attackbuild.jpateam.com/suspension/front-suspension/initial-mock-up

It took me a while to figure out just exactly which vehicle the LCA and spindle came from before I could start researching possible upgrades (no OEM support as they stopped selling kits 4 years ago). My main reason for switching to the diff spindle is to upgrade the brakes; however, LCA camber adjustment would be a plus.

One thing to note is that where the fork damper adapter and upper ball joint assembly bolt into the upper control arm, there is room for adjustability as the attachment points are not round holes, but oval allowing the ball joint "x" amount of lateral movement (did not mic the opening so am not sure of exact dimensions).

My concern is that if the spindle does reduce the distance between the UCA and LCA, my front wheels will be through my front bonnet. :eek

Thanks for your help chitty

1 - 4 of 4 Posts