VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own an 2007 Audi 3.0 tdi V6. The car expeirenced limp mode occasionally during driving and after switching the engine off, it will reset. And off I drive again with no power loss. I took the car to Audi and they have indicated that my turbo and electronic actuator need to be replaced.

I opted not to use my vehicle in this condition and let it stood until i could buy a brand new turbo - the vehicle is out of warranty. It stood at my house for approximately 9 months.

I eventually replaced the faulty turbo with a new KKK BV50 borg warner turbo a week ago. After this, my vehicle still goes into limp mode. Quicker than before. On engine starting, it revs up, than settles at idling RPM then immediately drops into limp mode.

I took the vehicle to Audi service center and they read out a P3346 error code. This was the original fault as well before replacing the turbo.

I am confuse as I though replacing the turbo will fix my car.

Please can anyone assist thank you

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Compliments for the 2017.

Just following up with the members if they experienced a concern like my audi before. Does anyone maybe have the electrical drawing for A 2007 AUDI Q7 3.0 TDI V6. Bug engine. I am trying to trace whether any of the wires from the ECU to the J724 actuator is not broken or shorted to ground.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for the link. I am currently busy with wiring harness checking. Do not have a drawing for the electrical of this vehicle though. I have drawn attach information from the web, but somehow I the information for the turbo actuator test refers to 5 pins on the actuator plug, while my vehicle's actuator plug only have 4 pins.:dunno Can you assist further please if possible.

Electrical drawing will be great. :cool:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,222 Posts
I've just had a look in ElsaWin 2007 4LB0FL Audi Q7 3.0 TDI V6 Quattro V6171 BTS - 105PS HXG - 6A.

It shows nothing only fuses & relays.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you Keith. I came across something strange. :confused I drove my vehicle today it boost over 2500 refs, but when idling it brings up the blinking glow plugs. :bangshead

Left it for a while and then started it it idles without the blinking glow plugs but when I engage drive it comes back. Additionally when i switch the vehicle completely off, my RPM needle seats below the zero line. see picture. :werd. When I start, the RPM needle only reaches 0,3 RPM. Could this maybe the problem as i did fit a new turbo and actuator from Borg Warner.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Solved - It turns out that my new actuator have not been programmed. Audi SA did a basic setting on the actuator and fault gone:pukerofl:nana

·
Super Moderator
9,222 Posts
Hey matto, i have the same issue with my touareg 2008 3.0 tdi. How you program the actuater?
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

This is a new forum layout with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location or signature properly either

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a pole which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts