VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am David and have an Audi Q5 2009 2.0TDI. It has just over 100 thousand k's on the clock.

The last few weeks I have been having a problem with the car. Before starting the engine I turn on the ignition and the coil light flashes. Start the car and it is in limp mode and when I checked the code is P2564 Turbo charger boost control position sensor "A" circuit low. If I take the car out and drive (slowly) for 10 mins or so and then turn it off and then back on again then the flashing coil light goes away and the car is back to full power. Then the car is fine for as long as you wish to drive. When the car is warm it can be restarted with no problem and not go into limp mode. Leave the car for a few hours and then the coil light flashes before you start up and then when it starts you are in limp mode.
I have vacuum tested the actuator and it holds vacuum and the arm moves freely. I have checked the wiring and pipe work and all seems fine. So I am thinking that there is something wrong in the electrical part of the sensor. I am not sure why the problem only appears when the engine is cold.

I am about to order a new actuator, but wonder if there is anything else that I could have missed. I wonder what the ECU looks for when the ignition turns on, and what the electronics in the actuator do?

Thanks,
David

·
Super Moderator
9,337 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!! Which you should have read above your other post.

Forum Rules and Guidelines

Post moved to correct section as OP can't read sub forum titles. ;)

Any problems search TDI Wiki as that covers write ups and forum posts.

Manufacturer: Audi, Date(s) Used: 05/2008-09/2010, Model: Audi Q5, Engine Code: CAHA, 125Kw, 170PS, 2.0 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Common Rail (TDI-CR) Timing belt

VAG Error Code: 18996/009572

EOBD II Error Code: P2564

Fault Location:
Turbocharger Boost Control Position Sensor (G581) Circuit - Signal too Low

Possible Cause:
Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)(K83) active.

Wiring/Connector(s).
Turbocharger Vane Position Sensor (G500) faulty.

Possible Solutions:
Check/Replace Wiring/Connector(s) from/to Turbocharger Vane Position Sensor (G500).
Check Turbocharger Vane Position Sensor (G500).
When found in VW 2.0L PD TDI with engine codes BRM and BEW see Measuring Block 043.2 for Turbocharger Vane Position Sensor (G500) readings.
Key On, Engine Off (KOEO) Measuring Value Blocks (MVB) 043.2 should be 0%.
Key On, Engine Run (KOER) Measuring Value Blocks (MVB) should be 100%.

As taken from my new Free EOBD II Error Codes software

1 - 2 of 2 Posts