VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://green.autoblog.com/2010/03/17/report-audi-adding-a6-hybrid-by-late-2012/

Well, I guess this means an Audi A6 TDI is out. If they don't want to certify existing engines for North America than I don't think they will spend money on bringing both a TDI and hybrid.

It's beginning to look like the third hybrid model in the Audi lineup will be the next-generation A6, expected to debut in 2011. Audi has already confirmed that it will launch a Q5 hybrid in production late this year. At the Geneva Motor Show earlier this month, a hybrid concept version of the new A8 flagship sedan was revealed and will likely go into production sometime next year.

The conventionally driven A6 will probably come first in 2011, with the hybrid variant to follow in 2012. By using the modular hybrid system that has been developed in concert with Volkswagen and Porsche, Audi will likely add hybrid variants to its entire lineup by the end of this decade. Hybrid vehicles will probably play a much more important role for Audi in the near term than battery electrics, which technical chief Michael **** thinks will only account for about five percent of sales by the end of the decade.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Don't rule it out yet. My best guess is that the 3.0L CATA TDI engine in the Touareg and Audi Q7 TDI would also be put into the Audi A4 and Audi A6. From what I've heard they're working on the A4 for the US but I don't have any more details. Wait until Audi stops airing TDI commercials....

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't seen many commercials. Hybrids are the next step to get to electric vehicles and they are pursuing that for the A6 and the article says the A8 hybrid is likely.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well they are moving ahead with a hybrid in the Touareg and probably the Q7 which doesn't make any sense to me. The high torque is the best package for a heavy SUV. How much can you tow with a hybrid Lexus 400h or whatever their small SUV is?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts