VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From year and half I have a Audi A6 and haven't any problem. But at now I have a yellow flashing lamp (time to time) not always and if this is hapen, when I start the engine he stopped after a few seconds. The problem I thing isn't the keys, becouse I have two keys and when I try them the yellow lamp is still flashing and at the other day I can start the car with each of them. I measure the antenna coil end the resistanse is about 25 oms and it is stable (not fluctuating). The electonic bord in the white box witch is connected to the antenna is whith good solders, dry and clean. Ecscuse my for my bad english end please help my!!!

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Yes, that is the immobilizer. You have immo1 which we didn't have in North America so please excuse any guesses on my part. The occasional problem means that the chip isn't bad. It's very difficult to have a bad chip.

You said the antenna coil is good but it's still possible there is a bad connection. Perhaps when you insert the key some connection is disturbed?

Check your battery and all grounds, there could be a bad connection which is causing this occasional problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The measurement I did on the electronic bord and on conector it is only the same about 25 oms end when I mouve cables there no changes -25oms. Battery I have but this is for the alarm system and hi work fine (open and close doors olways). I clean all grounds and power supply of dashboard ;-) . If some one have a electric circuit diagram of my A6/S6 2.5TDI AEL 1996 quattro please share with me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts