VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have a remote start on my audi but the immobiliser interferes some times just want to bypass it it is not a car thiefs would waant so don't mind. Remote start is for winter to get car warmed up before goning to work it is auto.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
2nd post in a row... You CAN do remote start but you have to find a remote start box that has a booster box for immobilizer equipped systems. Talk to any remote starter install shop and they can point you in the right direction or sell you something. To disable the system for use with remote start you would have to have the ECU reflashed for it.

If the remote start is installed correctly it should not interfere at all. We didn't have the immobilizer 1 systems in the US which is on your Audi A6 so not sure the details.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info what i dont under stand some times i can start it remoteley and the very next time it wont it tries and starts for a second and then dies and it would try again but then just turns over non stop:dunno:dunnowerd

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
When it starts-then dies, if accompanied by the immobilzer symbol on dashboard, that's immobilizer. However, nonstop cranking is not. If this sounds accurate you have another problem so bypassing the immo won't help anyways.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it seems to be feul starved or ignition.Will pull a plug and find out. the remote start alarm have three relays that conect to the ignition swith giving power to the black ignition wire,red and black starter wire and yellow and black acsesory wire. like i said it would start once and run perfect and the next time it would start and cut out, the alarm has got 6 atempt system the other five it would just crank the engi:bowdown:bowdown:nana2::nana2::nana2:ne

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
asked the alarm supplier and they said pull the immobiliser relay only one thing dont know if this car has one or not. the other thing i noticed is that the times when the car starts it would show the key light om the cluster but then when shr fails to start the light would blink.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts