VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I`m new to the forum, so you`ll have to bear with me, I`ve got an issue with my 2.5 tdi v6. The car has never missed a beat, starts up first turn of the key everytime. However the other night it started up as usual and I covered about 2 miles and the engine just cut out and from that moment on it wont start.

I carried out all the checks I could think of which led me to believe the injection pumps ecu to have failed or possibly the injection pumps mechanics, anyway a long story short I removed the pump and sent for test where it was diagnosed to be faulty 1. the pumps timing piston had siezed in it`s housing and 2. It had an issue with the fuel quantity solenoid.

Anyway I got the pump fully reconditioned including a new ecu on it, then refitted it, now the car will start for a second and then shut down. I have 2 fault codes stored - P1570 engine start blocked by immobiliser, and - 00542 OPN/SHT to poss/SP needle lift sensor G80,

As the most likely cause for the needle lift sensor fault is air in the system I am ignoring that fault, but I believe that on 2002 or newer cars you have to get the injection pumps ecu coded to the vehicle, is this correct ? and is there any way of myself being able to do that with my code reader, which is a handheld unit but does give me the opportunity to code, adap, etc.

Reading through various threads I believe this may be possible if I had the secret key code(SKC). any info or comments would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
As you said, clear the needle lift sensor code and it probably come back. I don't know about the injection pump because we didn't have those V6 engines. The 4 cylinder engines could swap pumps at will. I do remember reading something about it in this procedure: http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Immobilizer_III_Injection_Pump_Swapping and like you said, it looks like you need the SKC. Take a look through the immobilizer FAQ here on how to get the SKC.
welcometomyturbodies

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hm...that's new to me. Why would the pump trip the immobilizer? Do you think the pump is locked to a certain ECU?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
problem solved

cheers for the replies guys, just a quick update, as thought it was just a case of coding the engine ecu to accept the new injection pumps ecu. Unfortunately I couldn't do this with my code reader I had to take it to my indie, who managed to get the secret key code that was needed to do this coding.

·
Super Moderator
9,158 Posts
Welcome to the forum. welcometomyturbodies

VAG Error Code: 17978

EOBD II Error Code: P1570

Fault Location:
Engine control module (ECM) - immobilizer active

Possible Cause:
Incorrect/damaged key.
Incorrectly coded.
Engine control module (ECM)/Immobilizer replacement without coding.
Wiring.
Immobilizer defective.

As taken from my Free EOBD II Error Codes software ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts