VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Audi A4 2.0tdi 16V - PD - 140hp. Engine code: BLB

Purchased a car that someone filled with gas instead of diesel...
Found out that one injector was bad so now its replaced...
when having everything out I got some new seals and bolts for all the injectors..
Got the car running but it runs unstable on low revs. and puts out a little bit of white smoke.
Even when cold start after chewing 2-3 times... the "not good" feeling is felt mostly on idling...

Return line is putting out crazy amounts of air... had to bypass the fuel filter in order to not get in that air in to the engine again..
This type of injector only has 2 rubber seal per injector (without copper washer)...
I dont get any fuel in the oil (pushing up beside the upper injector seal).... maybe on the lower seal?
Can tandem pump put thru air if something is wrong... ?

Now after a few days he wont start at all..
It would be great if you have any cool tricks on how to try to isolate where the problem is..
Tricks how to maybe pressure or vacum test to find out if it is seal related.. how to check the lower seal.. it should drip out fuel on cylinders maybe..

Injector type Bosch 04144720404

·
Super Moderator
9,337 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

Any problems search TDI Wiki as that covers write ups and forum posts.

Post moved to correct section and title changed slightly as OP can't read sub forum titles. ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi again! a small update...

When the engine is off, I prime the fuel by switching on off with the key.. I look att the transparent supply and return, fuel lines...
I found out that when engine is in that position when the injectors is not pressed down by rocker arms: the priming will get out the air from return line..
If I crank the engine the large air bubbles comes instantly....

- Second test was: rotate engine until no rocker arm is pushing the injectors, priming until clean fuel comes from return line... then!
By hand rotating the engine til the rocker arm press down the injector.. pouff air comes in the return line instantly :S

Because of these type of injectors dont have the copper washers att the bottom, Im afraid that its possible of that i dont have a good seal there...
These injectors need to seal the lower parts of injector (supply fuel inlet) to the engine head seat hole..
But I guess the leak should have been there all the time and not only when rocker arm push it down...

Noone out there that works with rebuildning these type of injectors?

·
Super Moderator
9,337 Posts
Purchased a car that someone filled with gas instead of diesel...
I find that very strange considering all your vehicles are diesel!!!

There must be some diesel companies that service these injectors. Have you google it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts