I have some problems with my Audi
Maybe somebody help me)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello!
oops))
Sorry for bad english, I write as I can)
Recently purchased from Lithuania Audi A3 Sportback 2004 2.0TDI engine BKD
a month later broke up into two parts turbine, in engine fine sawdust metal ..
What to do ..?
nobody wanted to touch the engine, so as not to face 2.0TDI. In Belarus popular only 1.9)) A 2.0 is a rarity. Advised that it is easier and cheaper for me to replace the engine.
For the past week watching different engines .. All the cheat .. 2005 Engine say 50,000 mileage. and want a lot of money .. from $ 2500 and more

That there was a man in another city who has VW Jetta in 2009 with an engine 2.0 TDI
its broke, but engine works great and in good condition (50000km)

Can someone tell me whether it is possible to replace the engine?
Is it possible to put a 2.0 TDI with two camshafts only with other code? BMN and CBEA, CBAB, CFFB, CLJA What are the differences?
What could be the problem?
What to look for when buying a motor

I would be grateful for any advice!
Thank you

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
If the engine code of the Jetta engine is the same you can replace it. If not there may be small sensors or other things that you need to change to work.

Is the engine OK but the turbo is bad? Or is the whole engine bad?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the engine code of the Jetta engine is the same you can replace it. If not there may be small sensors or other things that you need to change to work.

Is the engine OK but the turbo is bad? Or is the whole engine bad?

The whole engine is bad. When we opened the valve cover was detected fine Aluminium particles. why is it there, dont know, we learn it after disassembly. Therefore propose the replacement engine.
Motor dealer said that the engine as I have, but in the catalogs I have not found a VW engine Geta BKD in 2009. Was it there?)

Can someone tell me what changes in the structures were in engines with BKD 2005-2009. Information is available? I heard about the counterweight shafts something ..

thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Are there scratches inside cylinders? You might save some money by keeping the cylinder block if it's not damaged. The rest needs to be replaced if needed after inspection.

It shouldn't be very difficult to find a BKD engine in Belarus, IMO. The same engine has been used in many other cars of VAG. For instance, Golf, Jetta, Skoda, Seat. And for the future don't buy a car from Lithuania!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you) I've realized that it was a mistake to go to Lithuania for a car. Now I waiting for coming half a car VW Jetta 2009. for demolition of parts.
Maybe it have the same engine but with other code?
I'll try to rearrange her engine, if possible ..
if only all coincided ..
I afraid for electronic part, connections, sensors

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Please, can somebody tell, is it possible to replace the engine BKD on BMR. I found a brand new one, mileage 12000km.

·
Registered
482 Posts
My guess is no because the ECU will be looking for specific parameters and the engine will run slightly differently.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What i can tell you is that i have the same engine and i had to change the turbocharger around 64000 km, the intake turbine was destroyed!
the problem with these engines is that they need a turbo timer so that when you stop after driving a while you cannot shut down the engine emediatlely!
When you shut down an engine like this with a turbocharger the turbo charger is still very hot and you have to let it run for at least a few minutes in order to let the turbo charger cool somewhat!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thank you) I've realized that it was a mistake to go to Lithuania for a car. Now I waiting for coming half a car VW Jetta 2009. for demolition of parts.
Maybe it have the same engine but with other code?
I'll try to rearrange her engine, if possible ..
if only all coincided ..
I afraid for electronic part, connections, sensors
Just take pictures and draw wiring diagrams when disassembling. Besides all the connectors are different and matching their counterparts only. Use an engine with the code BKD only. You may find a lot of useful information at vwts.ru as well. Good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Today I've had my 2004 BKD engine changed to 2007 BKD and we are having a problem. The car gives smoke from time to time and jerks and vibrates while driving. It was told by the service guy who mounted the engine. What can be the root of the problem? Can it be caused by a computer issue, like difference in electronics parameters or whatever? VAG COM didn't report any errors.

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
It might be but it could be something simple like a loose boost pipe for the turbo or maybe one of the vacuum pipes are needing replaced, what about the fuel filter, is it nice and new or old and horrible? I would check over everything in the engine bay because it's very easy to miss a plug connector or a pipe loose etc.:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts