VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a aftermarket cord we can purchase instead of the OEM one. I really dont feel like paying $60 dollars for a power cord. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
34 Posts
My dealer ( Herb Chambers Audi ) here in Burlington MA ( suburban Boston ) wants $ 230.01 for the block heater cord for my new 2011 A3 It is part no. IKO819031D This must be one hell of an extension cord ! Does anyone out there know of a more reasonable source? I know it's not the season right now ( August ) but I want to give it some time.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
It is a 3 prong connector. Didn't it come with the Audi? Do you have premium or premium plus? For 2010 they all came with them. You can find it cheaper online. Also, the part number begins with 1k0. Many the part numbers specific to your body style start with 1k0, check out the FAQ article on how to read part numbers. This is why I type all the part numbers in lower case except L.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Block Heater Cord

Chitty,
Thanks for the correction on the part no.
The 2011 year does not come with the cord,... apparently discontinued. My understanding is that the cords socket to the car is an especially configured one, designed to fit the particular prongs at the car. Clever ehh?
I'll keep searching.
Bill

·
Registered
118 Posts
You must be able to find this socket somewhere since Audi must get them from somewhere. If the price is only $60, you could spend a few hours searching for information and putting one together so I'd just pay that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts