VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I disable the anti-theft alarm (ATA) confirmation beep? According to my owner's manual, there should be a convenience sub-menu item called "ATA Confirm." However, no such sub-menu item exists in my MFD options. In fact, there's quite a few MFD items shown in the owner's manual that are not available on my MFD (e.g., oil temperature, mirror adjust, background lighting, daytime running lights).

I feel like I got Windows 3.1 instead of Windows 7. Any ideas?

·
Registered
91 Posts
US cars don't have that option in the MFD, and the dealer's gear can't change it either. To turn that off, you'll need to use VCDS, a third party interface cable and software app to get into the car's brains. I did this using a borrowed VCDS cable and loaded the software on my own laptop. There are numerous other things that VCDS (formerly known as VAG-COM) can do as well.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I find it odd that features U.S. Golfs don't have are described in an owner's manual sub-titled "Golf, U.S. Edition."

·
Registered
113 Posts
For what it's worth, my 2011 US Sportwagen has it in the menu and I disabled the beep. I'm surprised that there would be a difference.

Dan

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks for the info. I find it odd that features U.S. Golfs don't have are described in an owner's manual sub-titled "Golf, U.S. Edition."
There's a lot of features in that US owner's manual that aren't even available here in the US.

For what it's worth, my 2011 US Sportwagen has it in the menu and I disabled the beep. I'm surprised that there would be a difference.
Dunno. Sounds like the Sportwagens and maybe Jettas have it in the menu. Golfs do not. Mexican build vs. German, perhaps?

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My 2010 has it. Is the alarm standard, maybe they cut it out in the 2011's cheapening process?
Yes, the alarm was standard on the 2011. The only two options I have (other than the Bluetooth) are the cold weather package and the rear air bags. I don't see any other options that include "enhanced MFD functionality."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts