VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I am not affiliated with this vendor, but I bought myself this Assenmacher OFAUD1000 funnel. It's currently $33 plus shipping if you use the coupon below (TJS).

http://www.etooldirect.com/assenmacher-ofaud1000-audi-vw-bmw-mercedes-oil-filler-funnel.html

Coupon code TJS will get you $10 off.

It looks cheap in the photo, but boy was I wrong. Stupid expensive? You make the call.

I have been eyeing this for 3 years, since I own a BMW and 2 VWs and do my own oil changes, and this funnel fits VWs and BMWs. So, I was expecting a plastic funnel, but the part that attaches to the valve cover oil fill hole is abeautifully machined aluminum with a rubber gasket and spring mechanism for sure attachment to the valve cover. The funnel will hold way over 1 liter of oil at a time. I am impressed with the design and quality and heft of the aluminum and plastic. Here are some pictures.

The end that slots into the oil fill hole from the red ring to the end is all aluminum.
Go ahead. You deserve it! It's not an HPA Hockey Puck or a Passat Dynaudio amplifier, but if you drive and do oil changes, it's a nice luxury. This thing will last at least 50 years. :nana2::D:)

·
Premium Member
9,720 Posts
VW used to give you a litre of engine oil, a cardboard funnel and a pair of gloves for topping up your oil but times are hard so they don't do it anymore (unless you ask for some oil).

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just ordered a funnel. I would say very nice but pricey. I got the discount but S&H is $9.95. If it is as nice as it looks i will be happy.
Mert Cheney

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
I just pour it from the container, and have not spilled a drop (knock on wood)

start with the opening high and no glug glug to throw off the stream.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
After nearly 3 years, this is a great funnel if you do a lot of oil changes on VW/Audi/BMWs. This will become a family heirloom. It will definitely outlast me. For $50 with shipping, it is still an extravagant but useful tool. PK 710 looks great, too. It looks like it will not hold the quart/liter oil container, though. With the Assenmacher, the container fits in the funnel (no hands needed and no worry about it falling over) so every drop can be drained. For most the $25 PK710 is probably fine. When the Assenmacher was cheaper it was only about 8 bucks more. Good to have choices.

Edit: I searched with Google for the PK 710 and the same video came up on another forum from the inventor/marketer. Just saying. Same 2120company still sells them on ebay.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts