VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped by the dealer today and asked about the Jetta TDI. According to the salesperson, the sportwagen TDI will be out first :confused::confused: this fall and then the sedan will come later in 2009.

I wish the salespeople would read car magazines, car news, and such to avoid misinforming the customers!

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
There are good dealers and good salespeople..but leadership starts from the top. The boss doesn't require the salespeople to do research and 90% of the customers wouldn't know the difference either way. The rest of the customers would probably know more about the car than the salespeople even if they did know a lot about the cars.

That said, one salesman that I talk to made it obvious that he didn't even look through the sales brochure that he handed to me. I dont' mind paying a sales commission but would they at least work for it?

J

·
0 Posts
Lol, I don't think it takes a lot to be hired as a salesman...just sell cars and they keep you. Remember the blue genie from king of cars?

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
You mean HIM!!! Yeah, I don't think that show is on anymore but you'd think the salespeople would want to get more sales since they're on commission. I guess they think that since people will buy cars either way why put in more work than necessary?

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Good dealerships get you coming back. Bad dealers....well they stay in business too but if you have a bad experience with a dealer, expect another one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts