VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to order panzer plate with full metal jackets for my mk4 tdi 2005 jetta from diesel geek, and wonder if they will also improve sound deadening.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
I don't think so. The stock skidplate has those rectangular baffles which work quite well. If you add some sound deadening mat or foam to the upper surface, I think that would go a long way towards making the piece quiet. If you look through the writeup in the FAQ I tried spray on sound deadening and was pretty happy with it but I think some foam would have been a little cheaper and work even better. The advantage of the spray on stuff is that it will never be soaked with oil or fall off.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I installed my Panzer Plate on my 2010 TDI sedan. I left the plastic sound deadening plate there and the Panzer plate covers that. Once installed, you don't even know it's there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wish I had seen this - My stock plastic torn up by ice thrown by wheel. Was still good enough to use as sound deadening underneath skid plate though. Do not have diesel geek side plates - parts of original side baffles remain. Even without old sound baffle on bottom am not sure noise has increased - if it has not by too much. Glad I have skid plate - would of damaged engine a few times w/o it in the last 100k miles

1 - 4 of 4 Posts