VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Not looking for a massive drop - just something GTI or Golf R like. Wondered if anyone had lowered their TDI's yet with the stock dampers? If so, what is the ride like?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just had the Golf R springs installed in my TDI, and used the stock sport shocks. The car rides alittle stiffer now but the back doesn't sag anymore and the front is lower than the back. I really enjoy the way it looks and handles now. When I compared the stock golf springs with the TDI springs the TDI springs were about a half an inch shorter, and the when I compared the TDI springs with the R springs the R were about one in shorter plus twice as thick.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just had the Golf R springs installed in my TDI, and used the stock sport shocks. The car rides alittle stiffer now but the back doesn't sag anymore and the front is lower than the back. I really enjoy the way it looks and handles now. When I compared the stock golf springs with the TDI springs the TDI springs were about a half an inch shorter, and the when I compared the TDI springs with the R springs the R were about one in shorter plus twice as thick.
Do you happen to have part numbers and is your car 6 speed, DSG, 4 door or 2 door?

·
Registered
6 Posts
my car is a 4 door DSG, and no I don't have the part number. I was lucky to find them on ebay.de for 24 euros which was awesome.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts