·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Scottish Music

Seatman,
When sailing Scotland in 2003, I had gone up to the Shetland Islands, in anticipation of a North Sea crossing to Bergen. The weather didn't cooperate for a few days and we had to lay over there. We were very generously invited to use the Lerwick Yacht Club when ever we wanted. ( laundry etc. ) and we were also invited to the 'grand opening' of their newly refurbished club pub, which included a long and just fantastic musical jamb session. There were a half dozen fiddlers, ( a couple imported from the Fair Isles ), and a few others playing a pipe, percussion instrument (?) etc. I'll never forget that night as the most wonderful musical experience of my life. The fiddling was especially intense and memorable. I just loved it !
Thanks for this posting. Are you playing on any of these? If so which instrument? It's great, brings back such great memories.
Thanks and,
Cheers.
Bill :thumbsup :D

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No there's no videos of me but we have that open session thing 10 miles down the road, there's always fiddles, guitar, sometimes my mate comes along with his flute and pipes, bodhran (percussion) , banjo etc. Some weeks it's fantastic and other weeks it's fairly quiet. There's also the Trad Angus sessions at the back end of summer.

http://www.tradangus.co.uk/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts