VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
***Update, see new post at bottom of thread***

I was wondering if anyone has installed the Koni Yellow Sport Struts/Shocks on their JSW yet? Front part number is 8710.1431sport and rear part number is 80.2859sport.

If anyone has installed these on their JSW did you keep the factory springs or go aftermarket?

Neuspeed.com sent me an e-mail that they would work with our 2011 tdi JSW but Koni NA e-mailed me back saying they haven't tested the 2011 tdi JSW yet(???).

I have used the Koni Yellows on plenty other VW's we have had over the years and been very happy. The stock Struts/Shocks are terrible at rebound & compression. I know tires, other suspension components, etc play into the variable here on this cars "softness" feel to it.

Thanks for the help, Brian

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Alot of visits to my post here but it looks like no one has done this upgrade to the 2011 tdi JSW yet.

fyi...after my 500 mile mtb race road trip this weekend and when the car is loaded up with bike and other stuff the oem rear shocks and springs cause alot of sag back there...road ride worsened also as I figured.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I had the Koni Yellow Sport Struts/Shocks installed on our 2011 tdi JSW last week. Front part number is 8710.1431sport and rear part number is 80.2859sport. Plus I added the Eibach Pro-kit springs 85106.140 to them during install.

The suspension of the car has been totally transformed and is 110% better than the factory suspension parts. Night and day difference...now it handles like a "Sport"wagen should!

b

·
Registered
10 Posts
The Koni Yellows aren't going to help with sag, they'll help with your rebound/dampening.
For the sag you are going to need beefier springs or air assist bags

1 - 5 of 5 Posts