VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I put together the cargo partition which covers the area behind the rear headrests. While it had too many parts for my liking, it does fit well and looks pretty good.

Tonight I went to put back the retractable shade which hides items in the cargo area and it will not fit with the cargo partition in place. While it looks like I just need to trim a bit of plastic from the forward edge of the shade, I'm a bit disappointed that VW didn't think this one through a bit more.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? I double checked that the cargo partition is correctly installed and adjusted as far forward as possible.

I can attach pics tomorrow.

Cheers,
-Greg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cargo Partition/Shade Follow-up

Hi All,

A bit of follow up regarding the subject. Some good detective work by Paul Barrett at Keffer VW turned up information that VW is aware that the shade can not be used if you want to install and use the cargo grate dog partition. Seems like pretty poor foresight on VW's part to not think that an owner would want to use both.

I will soon be re-engineering the shade as to make it fit. I will follow up with some pics of that repair and post.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts