VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you use deisel fuel supplement on a regular basis? I was told(by the vw dealer) not to use any type of fuel additive because of the possibility any additive would cause the injectors to sieze. I have an older deisel truck and have used a cetane/lubricant additive on just about every fill-up. Never had a problem. Is the VW PD engine built to tighter tolerances thus preventing anything other than fuel from passing through the injectors? He also told me to use only VW synthetic oil as no one else had an oil compatible. Glad I found this site. Thanks, Don. 2004 Beetle TDI.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
What kind of additive were they talking about? H2SO4? VW approves certain fuel additives on the new engines and their nozzles are built to even tighter tolerances.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. What I use is the Stanadyne Performance Junior formula. He told me not to add anything to the fuel because I may experience injector problems no matter what the additive claimed to do or not do. I always thought the additve helped prevent injector problems.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
I use Lucas oil upper cylinder lube.
I know it makes my dad's F-350 7.3L Powerstroke Diesel run smoother. and he gains about 1-3 mpg.
but its common rail
doesn't seem to make my VE tdi sound different.
but it does add some fuel economy. about 2-3.
but it all depends on how you drive it :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for the replies. What I use is the Stanadyne Performance Junior formula. He told me not to add anything to the fuel because I may experience injector problems no matter what the additive claimed to do or not do. I always thought the additve helped prevent injector problems.
He's claiming total :BS.

It's helpful to add a lubricant to diesel, especially since all newer diesel fuel injection types (VE, PD, CR) are somewhat delicate and USLD lubricates poorly.

Use either Powerservice, Stanadyne, or Ashless 2-cycle oil. Any of these will work fine!

Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I use Primrose 405 and 409 exclusively in my trucks, tractors and cars. I also blend biodiesel at 10-30% depending upon the weather.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts