VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a new work out schedule. Light toning, nothing serious. I dont ahve a trainer but am talking around to get something worked out.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
I think I know a few things about being in shape. One thing I stress to people that start working out is the importance of warming up, stretching, and not to push yourself too hard too fast. Use the weight of my own body since you just want toning and it builds the muscle in a much different way than weight lifters. More central core strength and more "real world" strength.

I would start with basic stuff like push-ups (let your elbows go out to the side if you want to build biceps, and a small amount of deltoids. keep your elbows by your side if you want to work deltoid and triceps). Make sure to keep your back straight to slightly round and try to keep your stomach tight so you do not sag in the mid section. Also, make sure your body moves as 1 unit.

Sit-ups are also a great way to start building your stomach, crunches go well together with these. Many trainers feel that chin-ups are one of the biggest tests of one's strength. I would tend to agree. If you have access to some form of dip bars, holding yourself up and doing dips works wonders for the upper body.

I just gave you a general list of simple strength building excercises. Try some of these, use your own judgement as to how many you can go. Once you have established a good number, use that and do sets of these, then alternate between different sections (ie. stomach, then arms, then legs, and vice-verse). As far as nutrition, common sense is good. McDonalds and other fastfoods, mostly not good. Cereal for breakfast, maybe some fruit, have a salad or a sandwich (like something you would find at Subway), dinner have a piece of chicken, a vegetable or two, and maybe some bread. Water also is good. I eat about whatever I want, but thats because I work out for 3+ hours a day, 6 days a week.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey there, tough guy

working out 3 hrs/day 6 days/week? Building core strength eh? Wanna be a human killing machine eh? Well, if you do what you say, then you are, and please don't hurt me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts