VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
For the mk3 there's a strut install writeup and for the mk4 there's a writeup on how to change your hubs to the audi tt hubs.

For the mk4, strut install is pretty much the same except in the rear the spring is not on the strut, it's on it's own perch.

I am a follower when it comes to suspension. 90% of the places that will do suspension are the same and don't really know suspension. 98% of the internet forum suspension experts are blowing BS. It's also very subjective and requires a higher level of experience to do right. I'm not talking about replacing struts, anyone can do that, I'm talking about suspension tuning. Here are some good articles to read, it's part 1 of a many part series. Read the whole series and you'll at least have an idea of what suspension tuning is like.

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/tech/0506_sccp_making_it_stick_part_1/index.html

The best thing you can do is find people with a suspension set up think you want and then ride in it.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
No. I try to add original content or mirror content in the faq to rescue them from being lost when a host dumps the web page. A major problem with non centralized faq is that the pics are hosted somewhere else, when the host dumps the content, the data is lost. The suspension articles there aren't in any danger of being lost, I will probably direct link to them all later so you can read the content there. Plus, they paid for the writers to make professionally written articles, you should visit their page, look at the ads, etc., and they have lots of other interesting articles there.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
As a follow up, there are now writeups on how to replace the suspension (see the faq at the top). Refer to the sport compact car articles on suspension theory.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts