VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize this might be a broad question but I've owned my 2011 a3 tdi for almost a year now and already has to do some repairs on it. Most of it was covered under warranty but I'm a little worried now. They replaced the air intake and did the seals on the engine.

Has anyone experienced any reliability issues? Like common problems? If there's already a thread for this I'd like to know. I've done my best to keep the dpf clear and treat the fuel every so often with power service diesel clean.

Thanks and apologies if this is in the wrong place.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've done my best to keep the dpf clear and treat the fuel every so often with power service diesel clean.
I own vw tdi & i only run Shell V-Power diesel since the cost of filling up aint much difference in price using other diesel in it i notice v-power helps to keep everything clean including DPF filter also i run a 507. spec oil to keep Ash amount low other than using a premuim diesel and proper spec oil and giving it a spanking once in awhile on the highway lol that's all you can do to keep dpf clear.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I own vw tdi & i only run Shell V-Power diesel since the cost of filling up aint much difference in price using other diesel in it i notice v-power helps to keep everything clean including DPF filter also i run a 507. spec oil to keep Ash amount low other than using a premuim diesel and proper spec oil and giving it a spanking once in awhile on the highway lol that's all you can do to keep dpf clear.
I'm guessing mine had sat in storage for a while. Right now I'm running Liquid Moly Longlife III 507.00 Spec. So far I've had to do the engine seals, the intake was replaced, and the alternator shat the bed. But again I'm chalking that up to it sitting in storage for a while since it was purchased by an auction house.

Reactions: johnstdi

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm guessing mine had sat in storage for a while. Right now I'm running Liquid Moly Longlife III 507.00 Spec. So far I've had to do the engine seals, the intake was replaced, and the alternator shat the bed. But again I'm chalking that up to it sitting in storage for a while since it was purchased by an auction house.
Also run liqui Moly 5w30 Top Tec 4200 i only use German rated parts on my vehicle its what works best. on German vehicles

1 - 4 of 4 Posts