VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw the official photos but I can't find the specifics. I'm sure the price will go up but how about standard features or engine changes. Is the start button an option or standard? Are HID lights an option? Stability control?

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
I didn't see anything after they released the initial photos. My guess is that since the VW Golf has optional HID the VW Jetta will get them too, at least on TDI trim level. The size will go up. Stability control ESP has been standard on all US Jetta for years, regardless of trim. Same with the Golf. It hasn't been standard on all Canadian Jetta which is a shame since it's well proven that ESP significantly reduces accidents. Oddly enough, I read somewhere that ABS doesn't. I don't know how true that is though.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The base are getting a rear beam instead of independent suspension. Maybe rear drums. They are looking to drop the base model's price much lower than it's been to be more competitive. In any case, the TDI has always been one of the more expensive models.

·
Registered
12 Posts
http://www.vw.com/upcomingcars/2011jetta/en/us/

"The engine runs as quietly as a gasoline engine, but yields the power of a sports car, achieving 0-60 mph in 8.7 seconds." LOL. If you think you're not a VW fan boy, imagine how silly that would sound if it said "The prius yields the power of a sports car, achieving 0-60 mph in 8.7 seconds".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts