VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get an '06 Jetta TDI, but I'm considering finding one with a blown motor cheap, then building and installing a new motor. I figure, at least I know it has a good new motor in it, and I can probably save some money as opposed to buying a used Jetta.

Anyone have any idea where I might look to find a Jetta with a blown motor for sale? I didn't see anything like that here in the classifieds section. I would settle for a Passat, but man, they had an awful lot of problems, so I'm not so sure I want to go that route unless I can build an engine that has all of the issues resolved with the camshafts and lifters and timing belt, etc..

Any help is appreciated!

- Brian

·
Registered
226 Posts
Craigslist? Try crazedlist too. These cars are known for bad camshafts so that could drive an owner to sell the thing. They're normally diagnosed with a bad head but a new cam and lifters can fix it. It seems like a whole new engine would be overkill.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Has anyone purchased anything from this site partsplaceinc.com they seem to offer or sell
a large selection of vw parts all models gas and diesel. long blocks rebuild kits everything filters etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts