VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ditched my gas guzzling problem around every corner Suburban last November for (as far as I can tell) a very well cared for 2004 VW Jetta TDI BEW 5 speed; single mod is a two place bike rack strapped to the trunk. I'm now about 200 miles shy of 90k and heading in to tackle my first timing belt replacement this weekend. The instruction I've seen on this site so far are far superior to others I've stumbled across; I found it on another forum I was searching for advice/recommendations on.
For the 10k I've driven it the car has performed flawless; I'm impressed as can be by the low rpm torque. Low MPG/High MPG, 45.6/49.3...seems like the warmer it gets the better the mileage gets. Absolutely incredible...I may not be able to tow 7k pounds and 7 people any longer but triple the fuel mileage got me over that quickly.
For this weekends project I picked up "the kit" from IDParts, VCDS (confirmed connection tonight), and will be shopping for the engine support tomorrow. If there are any willing vets out there interested in lending a hand I'd appreciate it. May even be able to feed and supply beer as needed.
Thanks in advance for all the very well organized information available here.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Thanks, they are also updated to reflect the mot current information.

It's not just the warmer air, less warm up time, warmer oil, and summer fuel blends give better mpg.

I have edited your thread title to request anyone in NM to be more visible and moved to general.

welcometomyturbodies

1 - 2 of 2 Posts