VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Found this site. I have a 2006 Jetta TDI. 10 weeks ago in HEAVY rain it shut down to the "limp mode". I parked under a gas station roof - let it dry and got it started by holding the accelerator pedal when starting. I chose to get it towed home though because I had towing coverage and was 60 miles form home late at night.

It has worked fine since then until today when HEAVY rain again set it to limp mode. I have not been able to get it dry and started but havent really tried as its still raining. It may be a few things I will check. I am joining here to find some more info.

Trevor

·
Registered
439 Posts
Hi,

Found this site. I have a 2006 Jetta TDI. 10 weeks ago in HEAVY rain it shut down to the "limp mode". I parked under a gas station roof - let it dry and got it started by holding the accelerator pedal when starting. I chose to get it towed home though because I had towing coverage and was 60 miles form home late at night.

It has worked fine since then until today when HEAVY rain again set it to limp mode. I have not been able to get it dry and started but havent really tried as its still raining. It may be a few things I will check. I am joining here to find some more info.

Trevor
Welcome to the site. Sounds like rain water is slashing up and getting something wet triggering limp mode. When you do manage to dry things out and get it started use a spray bottle filled with water and start spraying wires and electrical connectors. Look for any signs of arching as you hit the area with water. Also listen for a change in the engine sound if you do see any arching. Hopefully someone with more knowledge of your engine will chime in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts