VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Tom Garner. I live in Hillsborough, NC. I own a 2005.5 Jetta TDI DSG (bought new, now 180,000 plus) and a 99 New Beetle (bought with faulty pump at 132,000, now has 137,000) 5 speed. I love this car but there have been plenty of problems, including camshaft (with followers and oil pumps) and dual mass flywheel. My extended family owns 2 2006 Jettas, and a '2000 New Beetle and a '99 Jetta. Most of the repairs get funneled through me and a friend who is an extraordinarily gifted mechanic friend named Mike who formerly had zero TDI experience. We do all of the maintenance on these cars, including timing belts and DSG service. We have used Amsoil since the camshaft problems at around 130, 000 on each car. Both of the '06 Jettas have required camshafts and dual mass flywheels. All the pumpe duse motors have Rocketchip programming, as does my ALH New Beetle. I'm here trying to learn how to open up a turbo to clean/repair apparent variable vane issues. I have vagcom.

·
Super Moderator
9,140 Posts
Welcome to the forum Tom. welcometomyturbodies

It makes you wonder whether TDIs are worth having with all those common faults? ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts