VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 06 Jetta TDI has fallen victim to cracked wires in the door jam. What kind of wires they use is beyond me, never have I seen a vehicle that has such brittle wires in only 5 years! I finally got around to removing the door skin and door panel to fix the harness. I got the harness disconnected and cut out sections of wire on the two 12 gauge wiries (red/yellow and orange i believe) and 2 small wires which were orange/brown and orange/green. The rest of them were in reasonable shape. I got it all back together and nothing on my drivers side door works at all! The power windows, mirrors, and lock switch does not work. When locking from the passenger door the lock actuator works. Does anybody have any information on wiring diagrams or ideas?

Any help is appreciated!

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Oddly enough, the mk3 VW had this problem. They fixed it in mk4 cars, and the early mk5 cars it came back. The late mk5 cars they fixed it again. It has to do with how the wires bend. I am told the replacement early mk5 door wire harnesses are a little longer there which causes it to bend differently.

My guess: bad connections or you blew a fuse. When you solder, a common mistake is to heat the solder instead of heating the wire and putting the solder to the hot wire. It should all work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any idea where I can find a fuse box diagram? There was 1 mini 5a fuse that was blown, not sure what it protects. I'm going to open up the harness again and see what i can find. I made sure that solder flowed into both wires and penetrated right through. Would the door lock fuse be under the hood or beside the dash?

·
Premium Member
9,665 Posts
There was 1 mini 5a fuse that was blown, not sure what it protects.
Which fusebox are you talking about as there are 5 listed, Engine bay 1 - type 1, Engine bay 1 - type 2, Engine bay 2, Engine bay 3 and Fascia 1?

Would the door lock fuse be under the hood or beside the dash?
The fusebox that the fuses relate to door locks is in the Fascia 1 fusebox. Door function control modules front - F12 (10A), Door function control modules front - F23 (20A), Door function control modules rear - F26 (30A), Door function control modules rear, multifunction control module - F24 (20A).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I bought the harness and put it in. The door door still doesn't work. The fuses are not split left and right and the right door works fine. Any chance the control module got fried? I'm not sure what else it could be?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts