VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The handbike is not finished 70% of the time and the rolling log just seems stupid. I like the old "vertical climber" thing they used to have more than the handbike.

The contestants all seem to have to follow these weird rules. Why not just take a running jump and skip the handbike? Or if you have to at least try, fall off on the second crank and run to the end of the pit to climb the ladder. There's no penalty so why not? Same with the flaming water pit. Why not jump and dive to get the most momentum off the platform?

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Lol, that show is like a cartoon but with real people. Titan = perfect hair. HELLga = strange bedroom fantasy. Wolf = need I say more?

The diving thing is because it's dangerous to dive headfirst. I'm guessig that's just part of the rules. It's the same idea with inner tubes. If you dive headfirst and your head gets caught on the edge just right, your body weight will bend your neck back suddenly. People have been paralyzed by trying to dive through an inner tube. If someone dived too close to the edge and got their head caught on one of the pipes, it would bend their neck back. Plus, the angle and height from which they're diving...that would be bad.

I had to feel bad for that cheerleader though, she took forever climbing the first part. How did she even get on the show? When she got to the end, the travelator wasn't even running...must be a mercy rule.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Crush is my favorite gladiator. The women aren't as built as previous seasons. Both the female gladiators and the contestants seem to be a little weaker. That cheerleader on the wall was just sad. I understand that they want to have some attractive contestents to bring in viewers but that was just sad.

The men seem to be to about the same. Except on the handbike. Did they crank up the resistance on it or what?

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
I love American Gladiators! It's incredibly satisfying to watch. You get instant gratification when the contestants get slammed and when they win too.

I agree that the eliminator needs work. WTF is the point of the log roll? I can see the handbike but log roll??? I like that the travelator is at the end though. It's hilarious to see them out of energy and just fall down and slide back on the treadmill.

The important thing is to keep the Gladiators out of eliminator. It should be a test of them vs each other and the clock, not of luck or whoever ends up the "Gladiator behind the door" obstacle.

You can tell the show is slightly edited though. Here is "Hellga takes a swim". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CJrGyBw4Mc The look on Hellga's face is priceless! When the target gets hit, Hellga is standing close to the nerf gun. When she goes flying, she is standing straight up. Probably so when she goes flying she won't get hurt.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
I don't like the water. It makes them wet for the rest of the event. I can see why they put it first, it makes them hold their breath and makes them exhausted. But I think they should just get rid of it all together.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That one guy Evan flew through the eliminator. The 2nd time around he did it in about 1:30! Some people took over 3 minutes! That guy is going to be the winner by a mile.

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
I watched the finale, that guy Evan was awesome. 1:19 is amazing! If he becomes a new gladiator, no contestant will have a chance on the wall since he teaches wall climbing, LOL.

That guy Titan is ridiculous, his leg was a large as that other guy's waist!

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
I hope they don't put him on the wall. When the contestants have NO chance of scoring it's not fair to the other contestant who doesn't get Evan the gladiator.

Just like it's not fair when a 150 lb guy goes against 6'3 250 Titan. That wrester could have jumped on titan's back and it wouldn't have made any difference.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice, someone was listening. They added a ball pit under the hand bike and changed the eliminator.

I don't like all the new gladiators, you don't get a chance to become fans. Too many.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
2nd, it's much better. The other night, Hellga took a drink, it was like a tidal wave! Over 6 feet tall, over 200 lbs...that's a lot of woman. Then again, her voice is so deep...:laugh:

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
I've been watching the show, too many gladiators and events, you don't get brand loyalty. They even just skipped over some events, all of a sudden, the scores were changed and they gave a 10 second recap of the events they skipped over?? It's like watching a baseball game and just skipping over 3 innings in the middle???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts