VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
I figure rather then creating a new topic with new pictures/mods each time, I'd just start a "build" thread. I'll just update here as things are changed added. So anyway, this first post will be extra long as it contains all mods to date and they are as follows:

Performance:
AFE Cat-back exhaust system
Neuspeed intake

Suspension:
Koni coilover system
Neuspeed front and rear sway bars

Wheels/tires:
Raderworks MTEN85 18X8 ET 42 wheels
BFG KDW II 215-40-18 tires

Electronics:
RNS-510 ver E (2012 Passat)
9W7 bluetooth module
High-line CECM upgrade (for lighting upgrades)
Paddle shifter steering wheel added.

Lighting:
OEM GLI bi-xenon's
Projector fogs with yellow lamin-x (programmed for DRL and cornering lights)
Dark cherry Euro LED tail lights w/rear fog
Euro headlight switch
LED interior lights

Appearance:
OEM GLI grill set (strip painted blue for clean diesel)
Lip spoiler
35% window tint

That's about all I can remember at this point, here are some photos:

Winter mode:

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just ordered all the parts to install the rain/light sensor, auto dimming CC mirror and it'll be programmed to do all the neat coming home/leaving home, auto headlights, auto wipers, auto lights when raining and last but not least, close the windows/sunroof if it starts to rain! Man I love these sneaky little mods.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you replacing the windshield or will try to polish paint dot?
I don't plan on replacing the windshield so I will be attempting the other route. I have a professional grade random orbital polisher that I hope should make quick work of the paint removal process.

If all else fails, I'll crack the windshield with a hammer and get a new one, lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm looking forward to following your progress. Your TDI was inspiration for me getting mine. I just bought a '10 manual in candy white/cornsilk. I'm like you, I love all of the cool OEM features we can add, and can't wait to start doing so. Your car looks great, I hope you keep it up. And thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Are you planning on doing anti-dazzle side mirrors too? I just picked up the aspherical side mirrors that are dim-able from Bora parts, but haven't seen a lot of info on the door module wiring part of the job. I'll be watching your progress on the rearview/rain sensor, as that's next. Then I'll figure out the rearview to side mirror connection I guess.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Polishing the paint dot was borderline unsuccessful. I am having a new windshield put in that comes with the sensor mount then I will continue the project. What a pain!

I got most of it off but the glass is too scratched for my liking.

Not adding anti-dazzle. I've heard the glass costs way too much although I'd love them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Polishing the paint dot was borderline unsuccessful. I am having a new windshield put in that comes with the sensor mount then I will continue the project. What a pain!

I got most of it off but the glass is too scratched for my liking.

Not adding anti-dazzle. I've heard the glass costs way too much although I'd love them.
I just got the anti-dazzle glass from Bora Parts for $170 both pieces. Not much more than aspherical mirrors so that was the deciding factor. I may never go the full route to get it hooked up right (new mirror assemblies and door control modules) but who knows.

Did you get the new windshield through the dealer? Will they install it as well?

Off topic - Bora Parts has great service. They're local to me, and when Brian saw my address offered to refund my shipping and swing by my house to drop off the parts, very cool.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Thats a sharp looking ride.I see alot of the work you have done and it's done nice. But will you ever really be done? Or will you keep finding things to add?? Lol

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
ok...I have to know how you got a color MFD!

I have a 2006 so it probably won't work on mine but even still, writeup please?

It's really pretty simple once you get your hands on one (the hard part). I went through a middle man (another TDI enthusiast) who had what I believe was a contact at VW or VDO to get it. I was left a little in the dark on this but that's understandable and fine with me. He followed through and I am extremely pleased with the transaction.

Unfortunately, no write up is even necessary as all of the work has to be performed by the dealer. They are the only ones allowed to enter in the mileage on the new cluster and are also the only ones who can re-program the keys to the immobilizer. Other then that it's literally just a plug an play item.

Only one minor thing the dealer missed (or maybe just had no idea), when it was originally plugged in the door open image was of a station wagon. Some VCDS coding took care of that :D

I'll post some better pics soon!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts