VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I am new here and wanted to say HI to all! I hope this forum is as useful and helpful as some of the other automotive forums I belong too.

I have a 2000 TDI Automatic Beetle with 195,000 miles on it. I plan on changing the timing belt soon, so I am reading up on that. It looks like another reason to buy some more tools. I drove it on a 4 hr trip each way and averaged 42mpg. I hope to get that up a bit. I still need to learn some of the terms for these engines, but am a quick study.

In my past I have owned and ran a Mustang shop, restored and built multiple GM Musclecars,ran SCCA in a Shelby Charger and also currently doing an LS6 swap in a S10. I have played with a lot of toys, and now have an ever growing love of this TDI. I hope I can keep it stockish and not get carried away with it like so many other things I own. I am mainly looking for some amazing MPG's for my wife and a nice, clean running car with good acceleration from a light.

Let me know if your local, always like to meet people with similar interests!

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Welcome! It should be pretty reliable as long as you do maintenance except for the automatic transmission, it has a less than stellar reputation. check out the new buying guide for mk4 since there will be some catch up maintenance to look at.
welcometomyturbodies

1 - 2 of 2 Posts