VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Instead of spending $18 for a quart of Pentosin, imported from Germany, cut your costs when changing the DSG oil and use Wolf's Head synthetic, only $6 a quart. I was leery of it also until the Jordan's Auto Parts provided me with the spec sheet. It meets most German car makers requirements, BMS, Mercedes, Audi,Opel and VW, plus all Japanese and US makes.

Specifically, it covers G-052-182-A2, G-052-162-A1 and others. SAE is 0-20W, API gravity is 35, flash point is 190C.

I had actually gone in to get Pentosin, which they did not have. He cross referenced it and brought me this and said it meets the VW DSG requirements.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True, but contact info is there. Any auto parts stores that have it provide the spec sheet and cross ref from Pentosin.

·
Super Moderator
2,243 Posts
For the sake of your bank account, I hope that it's truly compatible and won't have any negative consequences for your very expensive transmission...

Let us know in 100,000 miles or so...

Good luck,

Yuri

·
Premium Member
9,738 Posts
According to Autodata the auto gearbox oil type for Jetta (05-11) 1,9D TDI PD 2005-09 Engine code: BKC is

Auto shift manual (ASM) transmission oil grade SAE: G 052 182
Auto shift manual (ASM) transmission (drain & refill) 5,2-5,5 litres.

Fill transmission with specified amount.
Connect diagnostic equipment to check transmission fluid temperature.
Start engine. Select each gear for 3 seconds, then return selector lever to 'P'.
Ensure transmission fluid temperature is 35-45°C.
Remove level plug. Allow excess fluid to drain off.
If no fluid loss apparent: Top up until transmission fluid drips from level tube.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Is it this? http://amaliestore.com/proddetail.php?prod=836-92866-56

It;s somewhat concerning that the amalie website and wolf's head website are totally broken and the spec sheet link is 404
Here's the link: http://amalie.com/files/Amalie_Universal_Synthetic_Automatic_Transmission_Fluid_Flyer.pdf

The spec. sheet shows it's "suitable for use" with virtually every transmission ever built. But does it meet meet VW Specification TL 521 82? Does it have (like Pentosin FFL2)
special clutch friction performance which makes it mandatory to be applied solely to the double clutch gear box — do not mix with any other gear oils.
I wouldn't use it in my DSG. Saving $50 every 40k miles isn't worth a potential DSG rebuild / replacement.

........................................Pentosin FFL2 ........Wolfs Head
Appearance........................ Amber & Clear
Density at 15°C.................. 845 kg/m³ API 36.... 35 API
Density at 20°C.................. 841 kg/m³
Kinematic Viscosity at 40°C.. 36.3 mm²/s ........... 29
Viscosity Index................... 173...................... 180
Dynamic Viscosity at -40°C.. 12100 mPa*s.......... <13000
Pour Point......................... -51°C/-59.8°F........ -51C
Flash Point....................... 224°C/435.2°F......... 190

·
Registered
1 Posts